It was a wild Wednesday for first baseman L.B. Dantzler and his Vancouver Canadians.
The Northwest League named the slugger as the MVP earlier in the day, and later Wednesday, the Canadians unloaded on host Everett 11-4 to sweep the best-of-three North Division Final.
The AquaSox, winners of the first and second halves of the single-A short season, jumped out to a 3-0 first-inning lead, but the Canadians scored five in the second and added five more in the fourth and then coasted from there.
Austin Wilson had two doubles for Everett.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Microsoft tells vendors to give contract workers basic benefits
- Priced out: Has the King County diaspora begun?
Most Read Stories
Vancouver will face Boise in the best-of-three championship series starting Friday.