It was a wild Wednesday for first baseman L.B. Dantzler and his Vancouver Canadians.
The Northwest League named the slugger as the MVP earlier in the day, and later Wednesday, the Canadians unloaded on host Everett 11-4 to sweep the best-of-three North Division Final.
The AquaSox, winners of the first and second halves of the single-A short season, jumped out to a 3-0 first-inning lead, but the Canadians scored five in the second and added five more in the fourth and then coasted from there.
Austin Wilson had two doubles for Everett.
- Seahawks made mistake by drafting Frank Clark
- Seahawks gamble with both of their picks
- Blues legend B.B. King in hospice at his home in Las Vegas
- Peaceful rallies give way to May Day clash, injuries on Capitol Hill
- Rain-soaked Seattle has nation's highest water bills
Most Read Stories
Vancouver will face Boise in the best-of-three championship series starting Friday.