It was a wild Wednesday for first baseman L.B. Dantzler and his Vancouver Canadians.
The Northwest League named the slugger as the MVP earlier in the day, and later Wednesday, the Canadians unloaded on host Everett 11-4 to sweep the best-of-three North Division Final.
The AquaSox, winners of the first and second halves of the single-A short season, jumped out to a 3-0 first-inning lead, but the Canadians scored five in the second and added five more in the fourth and then coasted from there.
Austin Wilson had two doubles for Everett.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
Most Read Stories
Vancouver will face Boise in the best-of-three championship series starting Friday.