It was a wild Wednesday for first baseman L.B. Dantzler and his Vancouver Canadians.
The Northwest League named the slugger as the MVP earlier in the day, and later Wednesday, the Canadians unloaded on host Everett 11-4 to sweep the best-of-three North Division Final.
The AquaSox, winners of the first and second halves of the single-A short season, jumped out to a 3-0 first-inning lead, but the Canadians scored five in the second and added five more in the fourth and then coasted from there.
Austin Wilson had two doubles for Everett.
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
Most Read Stories
Vancouver will face Boise in the best-of-three championship series starting Friday.