It was a wild Wednesday for first baseman L.B. Dantzler and his Vancouver Canadians.
The Northwest League named the slugger as the MVP earlier in the day, and later Wednesday, the Canadians unloaded on host Everett 11-4 to sweep the best-of-three North Division Final.
The AquaSox, winners of the first and second halves of the single-A short season, jumped out to a 3-0 first-inning lead, but the Canadians scored five in the second and added five more in the fourth and then coasted from there.
Austin Wilson had two doubles for Everett.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- Dead whale found on bow of cruise ship in Alaska
Most Read Stories
Vancouver will face Boise in the best-of-three championship series starting Friday.