Vancouver scored four runs in the sixth inning for a 5-1 victory over the Everett AquaSox in the opener of a best-of-three Northwest League playoff series Tuesday night before 1,796 at Nat Bailey Stadium.
The Canadians can clinch the series with a victory in Everett on Wednesday night. Game 3, if necessary, will be in Everett on Thursday night.
Tom Robson pitched five innings, allowing five hits. He surrendered his one run in the top of the fourth.
Vancouver erupted in the sixth, including a two-run single by Brenden Kalfus. Kalfus, Andy Fermin, L.B. Dantzler and Mitch Nay each had two hits.
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Marshawn Lynch leaves behind a legacy like no other with Seahawks
- Seattle’s brash king of pot raking in cash and raising hackles at Uncle Ike’s
- Marshawn Lynch’s retirement announcement wasn’t classy, but it was perfect
Most Read Stories
From team reports