Vancouver scored four runs in the sixth inning for a 5-1 victory over the Everett AquaSox in the opener of a best-of-three Northwest League playoff series Tuesday night before 1,796 at Nat Bailey Stadium.
The Canadians can clinch the series with a victory in Everett on Wednesday night. Game 3, if necessary, will be in Everett on Thursday night.
Tom Robson pitched five innings, allowing five hits. He surrendered his one run in the top of the fourth.
Vancouver erupted in the sixth, including a two-run single by Brenden Kalfus. Kalfus, Andy Fermin, L.B. Dantzler and Mitch Nay each had two hits.
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Man drowns in Lake Washington after hopping off boat
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Seahawks training camp impressions, Day Four --- Pass rush speed, Mohammed Seisay, the center spot, and more
Most Read Stories
From team reports