Vancouver scored four runs in the sixth inning for a 5-1 victory over the Everett AquaSox in the opener of a best-of-three Northwest League playoff series Tuesday night before 1,796 at Nat Bailey Stadium.
The Canadians can clinch the series with a victory in Everett on Wednesday night. Game 3, if necessary, will be in Everett on Thursday night.
Tom Robson pitched five innings, allowing five hits. He surrendered his one run in the top of the fourth.
Vancouver erupted in the sixth, including a two-run single by Brenden Kalfus. Kalfus, Andy Fermin, L.B. Dantzler and Mitch Nay each had two hits.
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- 32 families face eviction with sale of Kirkland mobile-home park
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
Most Read Stories
From team reports