Vancouver scored four runs in the sixth inning for a 5-1 victory over the Everett AquaSox in the opener of a best-of-three Northwest League playoff series Tuesday night before 1,796 at Nat Bailey Stadium.
The Canadians can clinch the series with a victory in Everett on Wednesday night. Game 3, if necessary, will be in Everett on Thursday night.
Tom Robson pitched five innings, allowing five hits. He surrendered his one run in the top of the fourth.
Vancouver erupted in the sixth, including a two-run single by Brenden Kalfus. Kalfus, Andy Fermin, L.B. Dantzler and Mitch Nay each had two hits.
- 1 killed, 5 injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seattle weather is an early peek at the future
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
Most Read Stories
From team reports