Vancouver scored four runs in the sixth inning for a 5-1 victory over the Everett AquaSox in the opener of a best-of-three Northwest League playoff series Tuesday night before 1,796 at Nat Bailey Stadium.
The Canadians can clinch the series with a victory in Everett on Wednesday night. Game 3, if necessary, will be in Everett on Thursday night.
Tom Robson pitched five innings, allowing five hits. He surrendered his one run in the top of the fourth.
Vancouver erupted in the sixth, including a two-run single by Brenden Kalfus. Kalfus, Andy Fermin, L.B. Dantzler and Mitch Nay each had two hits.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- 'Downton Abbey' star Brendan Coyle banned from driving
Most Read Stories
From team reports