WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Ty Kelly had two home runs and four RBI as the Tacoma Rainiers posted a 9-2 victory over Sacramento in Pacific Coast League baseball Tuesday.
Kelly was one of three Rainiers to have three hits as Tacoma had 15 total hits, matching what its parent Mariners did in New York.
Gabriel Noriega had two doubles among his three hits and Xavier Avery also had three hits for Tacoma (12-11). Kelly, Noriega and Avery hit sixth, seventh and ninth in the Rainiers’ lineup.
Andrew Carraway (2-1, 3.80 ERA) got the victory, giving up no runs in six innings and allowing six hits by the River Cats (14-11).
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- India draws tech dreamers back home
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU