WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Ty Kelly had two home runs and four RBI as the Tacoma Rainiers posted a 9-2 victory over Sacramento in Pacific Coast League baseball Tuesday.
Kelly was one of three Rainiers to have three hits as Tacoma had 15 total hits, matching what its parent Mariners did in New York.
Gabriel Noriega had two doubles among his three hits and Xavier Avery also had three hits for Tacoma (12-11). Kelly, Noriega and Avery hit sixth, seventh and ninth in the Rainiers’ lineup.
Andrew Carraway (2-1, 3.80 ERA) got the victory, giving up no runs in six innings and allowing six hits by the River Cats (14-11).
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery