WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Ty Kelly had two home runs and four RBI as the Tacoma Rainiers posted a 9-2 victory over Sacramento in Pacific Coast League baseball Tuesday.
Kelly was one of three Rainiers to have three hits as Tacoma had 15 total hits, matching what its parent Mariners did in New York.
Gabriel Noriega had two doubles among his three hits and Xavier Avery also had three hits for Tacoma (12-11). Kelly, Noriega and Avery hit sixth, seventh and ninth in the Rainiers’ lineup.
Andrew Carraway (2-1, 3.80 ERA) got the victory, giving up no runs in six innings and allowing six hits by the River Cats (14-11).
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more