MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Ty Kelly homered in the 12th inning as the Tacoma Rainiers beat the Memphis Redbirds 3-2 in a Pacific Coast League game Monday night.
The Rainiers (26-37) tied the game with two late runs. In the seventh inning, Logan Morrison’s single scored Abraham Almonte.
Jabari Blash doubled home Nick Franklin in the eighth inning to make it 2-2.
Memphis got a solo home run from Greg Garcia in the first inning and another from Thomas Pham in the second inning.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Queen Anne apartments -- at half the usual cost
- Bing no longer a search-engine blip
Most Read Stories
Taijuan Walker pitched the first five innings for Tacoma, allowing two runs on four hits.
Tim Cooney pitched six scoreless innings for the Redbirds (31-33), allowing five hits.
From Internet reports.