MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Ty Kelly homered in the 12th inning as the Tacoma Rainiers beat the Memphis Redbirds 3-2 in a Pacific Coast League game Monday night.
The Rainiers (26-37) tied the game with two late runs. In the seventh inning, Logan Morrison’s single scored Abraham Almonte.
Jabari Blash doubled home Nick Franklin in the eighth inning to make it 2-2.
Memphis got a solo home run from Greg Garcia in the first inning and another from Thomas Pham in the second inning.
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
Most Read Stories
Taijuan Walker pitched the first five innings for Tacoma, allowing two runs on four hits.
Tim Cooney pitched six scoreless innings for the Redbirds (31-33), allowing five hits.
From Internet reports.