Anthony Contreras doubled in the go-ahead run, and the Tucson Padres earned a 4-3 victory over the Tacoma Rainiers in a Pacific Coast League...
TACOMA — Anthony Contreras doubled in the go-ahead run, and the Tucson Padres earned a 4-3 victory over the Tacoma Rainiers in a Pacific Coast League game Tuesday night.
Contreras drove in Jeremy Hermida for a 3-2 lead in the fourth and scored on an error in the fourth for a 4-2 lead.
Hector Noesi (0-2) had nine strikeouts for the Rainiers and allowed four runs, three earned, on four hits in 5-1/3 innings.
Nick Franklin had a two-run single and Darren Ford had an RBI double for the Rainiers.
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Seahawks preseason awards: MVPs, surprises, disappointments, toughest roster calls
- Seattle teachers vote to strike if agreement isn’t reached
Most Read Stories
At Everett 3, Salem-Keiser 2
Mike Zunino doubled in the go-ahead run, improving his average to a team-leading .375.
Ambioris Hidalgo (2-2) allowed seven hits in six scoreless innings.
Matthew Duffy had a two-run single for the Volcanoes.