Anthony Contreras doubled in the go-ahead run, and the Tucson Padres earned a 4-3 victory over the Tacoma Rainiers in a Pacific Coast League...
TACOMA — Anthony Contreras doubled in the go-ahead run, and the Tucson Padres earned a 4-3 victory over the Tacoma Rainiers in a Pacific Coast League game Tuesday night.
Contreras drove in Jeremy Hermida for a 3-2 lead in the fourth and scored on an error in the fourth for a 4-2 lead.
Hector Noesi (0-2) had nine strikeouts for the Rainiers and allowed four runs, three earned, on four hits in 5-1/3 innings.
Nick Franklin had a two-run single and Darren Ford had an RBI double for the Rainiers.
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
- Your vote counts so little in Tuesday’s primary election, John Oliver joked about it on ‘Last Week Tonight’
Most Read Stories
At Everett 3, Salem-Keiser 2
Mike Zunino doubled in the go-ahead run, improving his average to a team-leading .375.
Ambioris Hidalgo (2-2) allowed seven hits in six scoreless innings.
Matthew Duffy had a two-run single for the Volcanoes.