TACOMA — Taijuan Walker allowed two hits in five shutout innings in his second Pacific Coast League start, helping Tacoma beat Colorado Springs 4-1 Monday night at Cheney Stadium.
Walker (2-0), a 20-year-old right-hander, struck out eight, walked two and extended his string of scoreless innings to 11 since being promoted from Class AA.
Stefan Romero went 3 for 4 with a double, a run and an RBI for the Rainiers (49-36).
Everett 7, at Vancouver 3
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- Report gives Seattle drivers worst marks yet; Bellevue isn't far behind
Most Read Stories
D.J. Peterson drove in three runs and Rigoberto Garcia (3-0) stayed unbeaten by pitching seven strong innings for the AquaSox (15-3) in a Northwest League victory.