TACOMA — Taijuan Walker allowed two hits in five shutout innings in his second Pacific Coast League start, helping Tacoma beat Colorado Springs 4-1 Monday night at Cheney Stadium.
Walker (2-0), a 20-year-old right-hander, struck out eight, walked two and extended his string of scoreless innings to 11 since being promoted from Class AA.
Stefan Romero went 3 for 4 with a double, a run and an RBI for the Rainiers (49-36).
Everett 7, at Vancouver 3
- Warren Moon on Marshawn Lynch: "He just doesn't trust a lot of people''
- After ditching Amex, Costco embraces Citi, Visa
- Washington basketball great Christian Welp dies at 51
- Mumford & Sons, Foo Fighters, coming to big Walla Walla fest
- UW great Christian Welp died at vacation home near Hood Canal, friend says
Most Read Stories
D.J. Peterson drove in three runs and Rigoberto Garcia (3-0) stayed unbeaten by pitching seven strong innings for the AquaSox (15-3) in a Northwest League victory.