TACOMA — Taijuan Walker had his best showing in his rehabilitation stint with Tacoma, throwing a four-hit, complete-game shutout as the Rainiers were 2-0 winners Tuesday over Oklahoma City.
Walker (2-1) was dominate and durable. He struck out eight and walked just one. Of his 109 pitches, 75 were for strikes.
The Rainiers (37-41) scored twice in the first when, with two outs, Justin Smoak doubled and Xavier Nady homered to right.
Everett 6, at Salem-Keizer 5 (13)
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
- Kyle Seager saves Mariners, 7-6, in 10 innings
Most Read Stories
Three runs in the top of the 13th almost weren’t enough as the AquaSox (4-8) held on to beat the Volcanoes (5-7). Taylor Smart had a run-scoring single for Everett in the 13th, and two other runs scored on a fielder’s choice and a walk.
From team reports