TACOMA — Taijuan Walker had his best showing in his rehabilitation stint with Tacoma, throwing a four-hit, complete-game shutout as the Rainiers were 2-0 winners Tuesday over Oklahoma City.
Walker (2-1) was dominate and durable. He struck out eight and walked just one. Of his 109 pitches, 75 were for strikes.
The Rainiers (37-41) scored twice in the first when, with two outs, Justin Smoak doubled and Xavier Nady homered to right.
Everett 6, at Salem-Keizer 5 (13)
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW Huskies, WSU Cougars
Most Read Stories
Three runs in the top of the 13th almost weren’t enough as the AquaSox (4-8) held on to beat the Volcanoes (5-7). Taylor Smart had a run-scoring single for Everett in the 13th, and two other runs scored on a fielder’s choice and a walk.
From team reports