TACOMA — Taijuan Walker had his best showing in his rehabilitation stint with Tacoma, throwing a four-hit, complete-game shutout as the Rainiers were 2-0 winners Tuesday over Oklahoma City.
Walker (2-1) was dominate and durable. He struck out eight and walked just one. Of his 109 pitches, 75 were for strikes.
The Rainiers (37-41) scored twice in the first when, with two outs, Justin Smoak doubled and Xavier Nady homered to right.
Everett 6, at Salem-Keizer 5 (13)
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
Most Read Stories
Three runs in the top of the 13th almost weren’t enough as the AquaSox (4-8) held on to beat the Volcanoes (5-7). Taylor Smart had a run-scoring single for Everett in the 13th, and two other runs scored on a fielder’s choice and a walk.
From team reports