TACOMA — Taijuan Walker had his best showing in his rehabilitation stint with Tacoma, throwing a four-hit, complete-game shutout as the Rainiers were 2-0 winners Tuesday over Oklahoma City.
Walker (2-1) was dominate and durable. He struck out eight and walked just one. Of his 109 pitches, 75 were for strikes.
The Rainiers (37-41) scored twice in the first when, with two outs, Justin Smoak doubled and Xavier Nady homered to right.
Everett 6, at Salem-Keizer 5 (13)
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Kent family mourns loss of father, two sons in Father’s Day weekend crash
Most Read Stories
Three runs in the top of the 13th almost weren’t enough as the AquaSox (4-8) held on to beat the Volcanoes (5-7). Taylor Smart had a run-scoring single for Everett in the 13th, and two other runs scored on a fielder’s choice and a walk.
From team reports