NEW ORLEANS — Taijuan Walker pitched six strong innings as the Tacoma Rainiers beat the New Orleans Zephyrs 6-1 Friday night in a Pacific Coast League game.
Ty Kelly and John Hicks drove in two runs apiece for the Rainiers (66-61).
Walker (6-3) allowed only three hits and one run, struck out nine and walked three.
Xavier Avery hit a solo home run for Tacoma. Michael Saunders, Stefen Romero, Justin Smoak, Nate Tenbrink and Kelly had two hits apiece.
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
Most Read Stories
At Vancouver 4, Everett 0
Matthew Smoral and Ryan Borucki combined to pitch a three-hit shutout for the Canadians (10-12).
Austin Cousin, Corey Simpson and Adam Martin got the hits for the AquaSox (10-12), all singles.
From Internet reports