NEW ORLEANS — Taijuan Walker pitched six strong innings as the Tacoma Rainiers beat the New Orleans Zephyrs 6-1 Friday night in a Pacific Coast League game.
Ty Kelly and John Hicks drove in two runs apiece for the Rainiers (66-61).
Walker (6-3) allowed only three hits and one run, struck out nine and walked three.
Xavier Avery hit a solo home run for Tacoma. Michael Saunders, Stefen Romero, Justin Smoak, Nate Tenbrink and Kelly had two hits apiece.
- 2 killed, half-million lose power in Seattle-area windstorm
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Seahawks’ third exhibition game may be a dress rehearsal, but it does have significance
Most Read Stories
At Vancouver 4, Everett 0
Matthew Smoral and Ryan Borucki combined to pitch a three-hit shutout for the Canadians (10-12).
Austin Cousin, Corey Simpson and Adam Martin got the hits for the AquaSox (10-12), all singles.
From Internet reports