Taijuan Walker carried a no-hit bid into the seventh inning as the visiting Tacoma Rainiers edged the Nashville Sounds 2-1 Saturday night.
Walker, in his fourth start with the Rainiers this season, tossed 61/3 hitless frames before surrendering a single to Sean Halton with one out in the seventh. Walker ended the night holding the Sounds to one run on one hit and struck out seven with three walks in 62/3 innings.
Jabari Blash homered for the Rainiers.
Hillsboro 3, at Everett 2
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- High court rejects franchises’ challenge to Seattle’s $15 wage law
Most Read Stories
Cesar Carrasco doubled in the go-ahead run in the eighth inning as Hillsboro edged the Aqua Sox.
Everett’s Arby Fields doubled in Chris Mariscal with the tying run in the seventh. Mariscal also scored Everett’s first run.