Taijuan Walker carried a no-hit bid into the seventh inning as the visiting Tacoma Rainiers edged the Nashville Sounds 2-1 Saturday night.
Walker, in his fourth start with the Rainiers this season, tossed 61/3 hitless frames before surrendering a single to Sean Halton with one out in the seventh. Walker ended the night holding the Sounds to one run on one hit and struck out seven with three walks in 62/3 innings.
Jabari Blash homered for the Rainiers.
Hillsboro 3, at Everett 2
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor considering training-camp holdout, source says
- Seattle baby names: We’re trying harder to stand out
- Wing part that may be from missing Malaysian plane to be sent to France
Most Read Stories
Cesar Carrasco doubled in the go-ahead run in the eighth inning as Hillsboro edged the Aqua Sox.
Everett’s Arby Fields doubled in Chris Mariscal with the tying run in the seventh. Mariscal also scored Everett’s first run.