Tacoma rallied from a three-run deficit to earn an 11-8 home victory over the Las Vegas 51s in a Pacific Coast League game Monday night.
The Rainiers trailed 6-3 after five innings, but erupted for five runs in the eighth, including a three-run homer by Ty Kelly for an 8-6 lead.
Las Vegas tied the score at 8-8 in the seventh on Daniel Muno’s homer.
Tacoma’s Humberto Quintero keyed a three-run seventh with a two-run homer.
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- 'Downton Abbey' star Brendan Coyle banned from driving
- Building with iconic Seattle P-I globe sold for $40M
Most Read Stories
At Spokane 3, Everett 0
Derek Thompson allowed just three hits in seven innings with 10 strikeouts as Spokane clinched first place in the first half of the North Division in front of 4,639 fans at Avista Stadium.
Spokane’s Jose Trevino hit his league-leading eighth home run in the fourth inning.