The Tacoma Rainiers won their ninth straight game Thursday night, shutting out visiting Tucson 8-0 at Cheney Stadium in a Pacific Coast...
The Tacoma Rainiers won their ninth straight game Thursday night, shutting out visiting Tucson 8-0 at Cheney Stadium in a Pacific Coast League game before 2,702 fans.
Alex Liddi, Carlos Triunfel, Rich Poythress and Eric Thames each hit home runs for the Rainiers (18-10).
Shortstop Nick Franklin was 0 for 4 with two strikeouts, ending his 12-game hitting streak. He is batting .377 this season.
Pitcher Jeremy Bonderman got the start for Tacoma and allowed only two hits in eight innings of work, striking out seven.
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
Most Read Stories
From a Web report