The Tacoma Rainiers won their ninth straight game Thursday night, shutting out visiting Tucson 8-0 at Cheney Stadium in a Pacific Coast...
The Tacoma Rainiers won their ninth straight game Thursday night, shutting out visiting Tucson 8-0 at Cheney Stadium in a Pacific Coast League game before 2,702 fans.
Alex Liddi, Carlos Triunfel, Rich Poythress and Eric Thames each hit home runs for the Rainiers (18-10).
Shortstop Nick Franklin was 0 for 4 with two strikeouts, ending his 12-game hitting streak. He is batting .377 this season.
Pitcher Jeremy Bonderman got the start for Tacoma and allowed only two hits in eight innings of work, striking out seven.
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Obama visits Seattle for fundraisers; traffic not as bad as expected
Most Read Stories
From a Web report