The Tacoma Rainiers won their ninth straight game Thursday night, shutting out visiting Tucson 8-0 at Cheney Stadium in a Pacific Coast...
The Tacoma Rainiers won their ninth straight game Thursday night, shutting out visiting Tucson 8-0 at Cheney Stadium in a Pacific Coast League game before 2,702 fans.
Alex Liddi, Carlos Triunfel, Rich Poythress and Eric Thames each hit home runs for the Rainiers (18-10).
Shortstop Nick Franklin was 0 for 4 with two strikeouts, ending his 12-game hitting streak. He is batting .377 this season.
Pitcher Jeremy Bonderman got the start for Tacoma and allowed only two hits in eight innings of work, striking out seven.
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor considering training-camp holdout, source says
- Seattle baby names: We’re trying harder to stand out
- Wing part that may be from missing Malaysian plane to be sent to France
Most Read Stories
From a Web report