The Tacoma Rainiers won their ninth straight game Thursday night, shutting out visiting Tucson 8-0 at Cheney Stadium in a Pacific Coast...
The Tacoma Rainiers won their ninth straight game Thursday night, shutting out visiting Tucson 8-0 at Cheney Stadium in a Pacific Coast League game before 2,702 fans.
Alex Liddi, Carlos Triunfel, Rich Poythress and Eric Thames each hit home runs for the Rainiers (18-10).
Shortstop Nick Franklin was 0 for 4 with two strikeouts, ending his 12-game hitting streak. He is batting .377 this season.
Pitcher Jeremy Bonderman got the start for Tacoma and allowed only two hits in eight innings of work, striking out seven.
- Kam Chancellor’s forced fumble and K.J. Wright’s illegal batted ball help Seahawks stop Lions
- National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor
- Evergreen senior’s death renews football-safety debate
- Many homeowners stuck owing more than their houses are worth
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
Most Read Stories
From a Web report