The Tacoma Rainiers won their ninth straight game Thursday night, shutting out visiting Tucson 8-0 at Cheney Stadium in a Pacific Coast...
The Tacoma Rainiers won their ninth straight game Thursday night, shutting out visiting Tucson 8-0 at Cheney Stadium in a Pacific Coast League game before 2,702 fans.
Alex Liddi, Carlos Triunfel, Rich Poythress and Eric Thames each hit home runs for the Rainiers (18-10).
Shortstop Nick Franklin was 0 for 4 with two strikeouts, ending his 12-game hitting streak. He is batting .377 this season.
Pitcher Jeremy Bonderman got the start for Tacoma and allowed only two hits in eight innings of work, striking out seven.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
Most Read Stories
From a Web report