The Tacoma Rainiers pounded out 20 hits in an 18-2 crushing of Salt Lake in a Pacific Coast League game Thursday night in Salt Lake City.
Designated hitter Jesus Montero was 5 for 6 with two runs scored and two RBI. Second baseman Ty Kelly had two home runs and seven RBI. Every hitter in the Tacoma (44-49) lineup had at least one hit.
Justin Smoak had two hits to up his batting average to .284.
Vancouver 10, at Everett 1
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Death of Oregon ultramarathoner rocks community of runners
Most Read Stories
The AquaSox (7-20) managed only three hits in the Northwest League game in front of 1,553 at Memorial Stadium in Everett. The AquaSox have lost seven of their nine games this month.
From web reports