The Tacoma Rainiers pounded out 20 hits in an 18-2 crushing of Salt Lake in a Pacific Coast League game Thursday night in Salt Lake City.
Designated hitter Jesus Montero was 5 for 6 with two runs scored and two RBI. Second baseman Ty Kelly had two home runs and seven RBI. Every hitter in the Tacoma (44-49) lineup had at least one hit.
Justin Smoak had two hits to up his batting average to .284.
Vancouver 10, at Everett 1
- Rolled semi spills 14 million bees on I-5 near Lynnwood
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Shawn Kemp to co-host party celebrating Thunder missing playoffs
- Rolled semi spills load of bees at I-5 and I-405 interchange
Most Read Stories
The AquaSox (7-20) managed only three hits in the Northwest League game in front of 1,553 at Memorial Stadium in Everett. The AquaSox have lost seven of their nine games this month.
From web reports