The Tacoma Rainiers pounded out 20 hits in an 18-2 crushing of Salt Lake in a Pacific Coast League game Thursday night in Salt Lake City.
Designated hitter Jesus Montero was 5 for 6 with two runs scored and two RBI. Second baseman Ty Kelly had two home runs and seven RBI. Every hitter in the Tacoma (44-49) lineup had at least one hit.
Justin Smoak had two hits to up his batting average to .284.
Vancouver 10, at Everett 1
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
Most Read Stories
The AquaSox (7-20) managed only three hits in the Northwest League game in front of 1,553 at Memorial Stadium in Everett. The AquaSox have lost seven of their nine games this month.
From web reports