Carlos Peguero and Ty Kelly hit two-run homers to help the Tacoma Rainiers snap the Salt Lake Bees’ nine-game home winning streak with a 7-5 win on Friday in a Pacific Coast League game.
Peguero’s homer in front of 12,135 at Spring Mobile Ballpark in Salt Lake City was part of a four-run third inning that gave Tacoma a 5-0 cushion. Kelly’s shot in the fourth made it 7-0.
Erasmo Ramirez earned the win, allowing seven hits and three runs over 51
3 innings as the Rainiers evened the series at 1-1.
Logan Bawcom earned his 15th save of the season.
- Donate to a charity? IRS sets rules for taking deductions
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage
- Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79
- City brushed off feasibility of NHL, NBA at KeyArena
Most Read Stories
Volcanoes 4, Aquasox 1
Salem-Keizer scored all four runs off starter Thyago Vieira in the sixth to top Everett in a Northwest League game at Everett Memorial Stadium.