James Paxton was cruising against the Tucson Padres, holding them hitless through the first four innings. But that changed in the fifth, when Paxton (7-11) gave up seven hits and eight runs and put the Tacoma Rainiers in a hole they couldn’t climb out of in a 9-6 loss to Tucson on Thursday.
Abraham Almonte knocked in two runs with a solo homer and a double, but the Rainiers still fell in the Pacific Coast League game in front of 2,518 at Kino Veterans Memorial Stadium in Tucson.
Tom Wilhelmsen pitched 1 2
3 innings of relief with four hits and one walk.
AquaSox 8, Canadians 4
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- 'Granny panties' making a comeback as women say no to thongs
- Shopping video undoes woman's case against SPD
- Deputies shoot 17-year-old after car chase in SeaTac
- Old Lusty Lady strip club to get new look as boutique hotel
Most Read Stories
Everett got a big inning of its own, using a six-run third to beat Vancouver in Northwest League action at Everett Memorial Stadium.