James Paxton was cruising against the Tucson Padres, holding them hitless through the first four innings. But that changed in the fifth, when Paxton (7-11) gave up seven hits and eight runs and put the Tacoma Rainiers in a hole they couldn’t climb out of in a 9-6 loss to Tucson on Thursday.
Abraham Almonte knocked in two runs with a solo homer and a double, but the Rainiers still fell in the Pacific Coast League game in front of 2,518 at Kino Veterans Memorial Stadium in Tucson.
Tom Wilhelmsen pitched 1 2
3 innings of relief with four hits and one walk.
AquaSox 8, Canadians 4
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Tukwila group to submit expansion application to NHL
Most Read Stories
Everett got a big inning of its own, using a six-run third to beat Vancouver in Northwest League action at Everett Memorial Stadium.