James Paxton was cruising against the Tucson Padres, holding them hitless through the first four innings. But that changed in the fifth, when Paxton (7-11) gave up seven hits and eight runs and put the Tacoma Rainiers in a hole they couldn’t climb out of in a 9-6 loss to Tucson on Thursday.
Abraham Almonte knocked in two runs with a solo homer and a double, but the Rainiers still fell in the Pacific Coast League game in front of 2,518 at Kino Veterans Memorial Stadium in Tucson.
Tom Wilhelmsen pitched 1 2
3 innings of relief with four hits and one walk.
AquaSox 8, Canadians 4
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
Most Read Stories
Everett got a big inning of its own, using a six-run third to beat Vancouver in Northwest League action at Everett Memorial Stadium.