Jesus Montero singled in the winning run in the 14th inning as Tacoma edged Sacramento 4-3 Sunday.
James Paxton wrapped up his third rehab start for Tacoma, pitching 41/3 innings, allowing one run on six hits with three walks and five strikeouts.
“I felt good,” he said. “No pain at all. I feel like it’s getting closer. I’m still missing down with my fastball. The breaking stuff felt really good, curveball and cutter felt really good. My changeup was good. It’s just finding the release point with my fastball. But I feel like I took a good step forward today.”
At Everett 4, Tri-City 3
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- Black Friday protesters decry materialism, racism, violence
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU
Most Read Stories
In the ninth inning, Austin Cousino scored the tying run on a passed ball and Corey Simpson singled in the winning run for the AquaSox.
Times staff reporter Ryan Divish contributed to this report.