Jesus Montero singled in the winning run in the 14th inning as Tacoma edged Sacramento 4-3 Sunday.
James Paxton wrapped up his third rehab start for Tacoma, pitching 41/3 innings, allowing one run on six hits with three walks and five strikeouts.
“I felt good,” he said. “No pain at all. I feel like it’s getting closer. I’m still missing down with my fastball. The breaking stuff felt really good, curveball and cutter felt really good. My changeup was good. It’s just finding the release point with my fastball. But I feel like I took a good step forward today.”
At Everett 4, Tri-City 3
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
- Opening day roster looks pretty clear after Sunday cuts
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
- 3 places off the beaten track in Hawaii
Most Read Stories
In the ninth inning, Austin Cousino scored the tying run on a passed ball and Corey Simpson singled in the winning run for the AquaSox.
Times staff reporter Ryan Divish contributed to this report.