TACOMA — Michael Morse hit a two-run homer in the first inning, and the Tacoma Rainiers never trailed in a 4-2 victory over Tucson before 3,125 on Monday night at Cheney Stadium.
Jesus Montero and Carlos Peguero each went 2 for 4.
Stefen Romero and Brandon Bantz also drove in runs.
Tacoma starter James Paxton allowed one run on four hits and struck out seven in six innings.
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Impressions from Day 2 of Seahawks' training camp
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
Most Read Stories
At Boise 10, Everett 0
Every Boise player got a hit and five Boise pitchers combined on the shutout in a rout of the AquaSox in a Northwest League game.
Jacob Rogers homered and doubled for the Hawks, who pounded out 15 hits.
Cael Brockmeyer and Carlos Penalver each went 2 for 4 with two runs scored.