TACOMA — Michael Morse hit a two-run homer in the first inning, and the Tacoma Rainiers never trailed in a 4-2 victory over Tucson before 3,125 on Monday night at Cheney Stadium.
Jesus Montero and Carlos Peguero each went 2 for 4.
Stefen Romero and Brandon Bantz also drove in runs.
Tacoma starter James Paxton allowed one run on four hits and struck out seven in six innings.
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
Most Read Stories
At Boise 10, Everett 0
Every Boise player got a hit and five Boise pitchers combined on the shutout in a rout of the AquaSox in a Northwest League game.
Jacob Rogers homered and doubled for the Hawks, who pounded out 15 hits.
Cael Brockmeyer and Carlos Penalver each went 2 for 4 with two runs scored.