TACOMA — Shortstop Chris Taylor hit a pair of home runs to lead the Tacoma Rainiers to an 8-5 victory over Sacramento on Monday night in a game that was called after seven innings because of rain.
Taylor hit a three-run homer in the third inning and a solo homer in the fifth.
Cole Gillespie and James Jones also homered.
Anthony Fernandez got the win despite allowing five earned runs in 52
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Fired reporter kills 2 former co-workers on live TV
- Hawaii sending wet weather this way that may stick around
Most Read Stories
Philip Humber, who threw a perfect game against Seattle in 2012, allowed the final two Rainiers runs while pitching one inning.