TACOMA — Shortstop Chris Taylor hit a pair of home runs to lead the Tacoma Rainiers to an 8-5 victory over Sacramento on Monday night in a game that was called after seven innings because of rain.
Taylor hit a three-run homer in the third inning and a solo homer in the fifth.
Cole Gillespie and James Jones also homered.
Anthony Fernandez got the win despite allowing five earned runs in 52
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- Like teammate Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks rookie Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seattle Seahawks Tuesday ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched? And more
- Turkey shoots down Russian jet it says violated its airspace
Most Read Stories
Philip Humber, who threw a perfect game against Seattle in 2012, allowed the final two Rainiers runs while pitching one inning.