TACOMA — Shortstop Chris Taylor hit a pair of home runs to lead the Tacoma Rainiers to an 8-5 victory over Sacramento on Monday night in a game that was called after seven innings because of rain.
Taylor hit a three-run homer in the third inning and a solo homer in the fifth.
Cole Gillespie and James Jones also homered.
Anthony Fernandez got the win despite allowing five earned runs in 52
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Gun violence: Don’t fear gun laws; let gun-owners help pay to fix the problem
- Evergreen High School football player critically injured during game
Most Read Stories
Philip Humber, who threw a perfect game against Seattle in 2012, allowed the final two Rainiers runs while pitching one inning.