TACOMA — Shortstop Chris Taylor hit a pair of home runs to lead the Tacoma Rainiers to an 8-5 victory over Sacramento on Monday night in a game that was called after seven innings because of rain.
Taylor hit a three-run homer in the third inning and a solo homer in the fifth.
Cole Gillespie and James Jones also homered.
Anthony Fernandez got the win despite allowing five earned runs in 52
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam
Most Read Stories
Philip Humber, who threw a perfect game against Seattle in 2012, allowed the final two Rainiers runs while pitching one inning.