Four Spokane pitchers combined to no-hit the Everett AquaSox on Sunday, 3-0, in a game that lasted 11 innings.
Derek Thompson, Shane McCain, Adam Parks and Luis Pollorena shared pitching duties for Spokane, with Parks picking up the victory.
Spokane scored all its runs in the 11th inning when Luke Tendler hit a three-run home run.
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
Most Read Stories
TACOMA 2, FRESNO 1
Taijuan Walker struck out a career-high 13 and John Hicks went 2-for-3 as the Tacoma Rainiers beat the Fresno Grizzlies, 2-1, in a Pacific Coast League game on Sunday afternoon.
Hicks broke a 1-1 tie in the seventh inning when he hit a sharp grounder to third base, driving in Jesus Montero. James Jones drove in the other run.