TACOMA – First baseman Ben Paulsen hit a three-run home run in the third inning and the Colorado Springs Sky Sox defeated the Tacoma Rainiers 5-2 in Pacific Coast League play Sunday.
Tom Wilhelmsen pitched two scoreless innings for Tacoma.
At AquaSox 6, Emeralds 2
Lars Huijer improved to 8-1 with six innings of two-hit pitching and Christian Carmichael and Lonnie Kaupilla hit solo home runs as Everett topped Eugene in Northwest League action.
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- India draws tech dreamers back home
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU