Former Mariner John Buck doubled in the winning run in the eighth inning as the Salt Lake Bees outlasted visiting Tacoma, 4-3, Friday night in the Pacific Coast League.
Buck’s RBI double gave the Bees a 4-1 lead before Tacoma scored twice in the ninth.
Everett 3, at Eugene 0
Three Everett pitchers combined on a one-hitter and struck out 14.
- WWU cancels classes as social-media hate speech is investigated
- Luke Falk likely has concussion but doing ‘real well’
- What national media are saying about Thomas Rawls, Seattle’s playoff hopes
- Seahawks’ Cary Williams makes no excuses after being benched
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
Most Read Stories
Starter Ryan Yarbrough threw three hitless innings, striking out seven. Brett Ash allowed one hit in four innings — a single by River Stevens in the sixth — and Kody Kerski pitched two perfect innings, striking out five.