Former Mariner John Buck doubled in the winning run in the eighth inning as the Salt Lake Bees outlasted visiting Tacoma, 4-3, Friday night in the Pacific Coast League.
Buck’s RBI double gave the Bees a 4-1 lead before Tacoma scored twice in the ninth.
Everett 3, at Eugene 0
Three Everett pitchers combined on a one-hitter and struck out 14.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Why did the Mariners’ season go terribly wrong?
Most Read Stories
Starter Ryan Yarbrough threw three hitless innings, striking out seven. Brett Ash allowed one hit in four innings — a single by River Stevens in the sixth — and Kody Kerski pitched two perfect innings, striking out five.