Former Mariner John Buck doubled in the winning run in the eighth inning as the Salt Lake Bees outlasted visiting Tacoma, 4-3, Friday night in the Pacific Coast League.
Buck’s RBI double gave the Bees a 4-1 lead before Tacoma scored twice in the ninth.
Everett 3, at Eugene 0
Three Everett pitchers combined on a one-hitter and struck out 14.
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Seattle sets heat record for July 4
- Sound Transit planning heats up for light-rail expansion and public vote
- For escapee, prison now will mean 23 hours a day in a cell
Most Read Stories
Starter Ryan Yarbrough threw three hitless innings, striking out seven. Brett Ash allowed one hit in four innings — a single by River Stevens in the sixth — and Kody Kerski pitched two perfect innings, striking out five.