Luis Martinez led off the 12th inning with a double and later scored in the inning as the visiting Salt Lake Bees earned a 4-3 victory over the Tacoma Rainiers at Cheney Stadium on Friday night.
Salt Lake’s Efren Navarro led off the ninth with a walk and moved to second on a sacrifice bunt by Luis Jimenez. He then scored on Jesus Montero’s fielding error for a 3-2 lead.
But Tacoma’s Ty Kelly hit a homer with two out in the bottom of the ninth, forcing extra innings.
Navarro was 2 for 3 with two runs scored. Kelly had three hits for Tacoma.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- Dead whale found on bow of cruise ship in Alaska