Luis Martinez led off the 12th inning with a double and later scored in the inning as the visiting Salt Lake Bees earned a 4-3 victory over the Tacoma Rainiers at Cheney Stadium on Friday night.
Salt Lake’s Efren Navarro led off the ninth with a walk and moved to second on a sacrifice bunt by Luis Jimenez. He then scored on Jesus Montero’s fielding error for a 3-2 lead.
But Tacoma’s Ty Kelly hit a homer with two out in the bottom of the ninth, forcing extra innings.
Navarro was 2 for 3 with two runs scored. Kelly had three hits for Tacoma.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Sport fishermen protesting in La Conner on Wednesday as tribal gill-net salmon fishery gets underway