Luis Martinez led off the 12th inning with a double and later scored in the inning as the visiting Salt Lake Bees earned a 4-3 victory over the Tacoma Rainiers at Cheney Stadium on Friday night.
Salt Lake’s Efren Navarro led off the ninth with a walk and moved to second on a sacrifice bunt by Luis Jimenez. He then scored on Jesus Montero’s fielding error for a 3-2 lead.
But Tacoma’s Ty Kelly hit a homer with two out in the bottom of the ninth, forcing extra innings.
Navarro was 2 for 3 with two runs scored. Kelly had three hits for Tacoma.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam