Luis Martinez led off the 12th inning with a double and later scored in the inning as the visiting Salt Lake Bees earned a 4-3 victory over the Tacoma Rainiers at Cheney Stadium on Friday night.
Salt Lake’s Efren Navarro led off the ninth with a walk and moved to second on a sacrifice bunt by Luis Jimenez. He then scored on Jesus Montero’s fielding error for a 3-2 lead.
But Tacoma’s Ty Kelly hit a homer with two out in the bottom of the ninth, forcing extra innings.
Navarro was 2 for 3 with two runs scored. Kelly had three hits for Tacoma.
- Narcotics dog hospitalized after ingesting meth
- It's no easy task, but contract extension for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson will get done
- Newcomers arriving in record numbers, but from where?
- Toppled fish truck makes a stinker of a commute Tuesday night
- Amazon devouring quarter of Seattle's best office space