KEIZER, Ore. — Shilo McCall hit a three-run game-ending homer with two outs in the ninth as the Salem-Keizer Volcanoes earned a 5-4 victory over the Everett AquaSox in a Northwest League game Wednesday night.
Everett scored two runs in the top of the eighth inning to grab a 4-2 lead.
The AquaSox broke a 2-2 tie when Sheehan Planas-Arteaga scored on a wild pitch by Kirk Singer. After an out, Taylor Smart singled in Kyle Petty, who had singled, for a 4-2 lead.
But the Volcanoes battled back in the ninth with a pair of singles before McCall hit his first home run, a shot to left.
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW Huskies, WSU Cougars