The Sacramento River Cats overcame a 1-0 deficit in the bottom of the 10th inning to defeat the visiting Tacoma Rainiers 2-1 Monday night at Raley Field.
Alden Carrithers doubled home Tyler Ladendorf in the bottom of the 10th to give Sacramento its first walkoff victory of the season.
River Cats right-hander Zachary Neal (1-1) allowed five hits and one earned run in a season-high eight innings. He struck out eight and walked none.
He was matched by Tacoma’s Anthony Fernandez (1-1), who went 52
3 innings surrendering just one hit and two walks with two strikeouts before exiting in the sixth inning because of a groin injury.
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
- Kyle Seager saves Mariners, 7-6, in 10 innings
Most Read Stories
Tacoma’s run came in the seventh when Chris Taylor doubled in Ty Kelly, who led off with a single.
Sacramento’s Michael Taylor tied the score with an RBI single in the ninth.