Dodgers: The inevitable happened. Yasiel Puig pushed manager Don Mattingly too far. After showing up late for the home opener (who does that?), Puig was benched. This won’t be the last time.
Rays: They had 31,042 fans for the home opener. A night later, only 11,113 showed up. Two nights later, 9,571 packed Tropicana. Does a new stadium fix the problem?
Royals: It’s a season filled with expectations, so of course they gack up a pair of walk-off losses to the Tigers to start the season. KC fans have panicked as if they’d been told of a charcoal-briquette shortage.
Yankees: New free-agent signings, zillion-dollar payroll and the Yankees get swept by the Astros to start the season. But Derek Jeter did get some cool cowboy boots as a retirement gift.
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- Time for Seahawks to accept that Marshawn Lynch may go from Beast Mode to Decreased Mode
- Smoking credit-card reader forces Seattle-bound flight to land in N.Y.