Dodgers: The inevitable happened. Yasiel Puig pushed manager Don Mattingly too far. After showing up late for the home opener (who does that?), Puig was benched. This won’t be the last time.
Rays: They had 31,042 fans for the home opener. A night later, only 11,113 showed up. Two nights later, 9,571 packed Tropicana. Does a new stadium fix the problem?
Royals: It’s a season filled with expectations, so of course they gack up a pair of walk-off losses to the Tigers to start the season. KC fans have panicked as if they’d been told of a charcoal-briquette shortage.
Yankees: New free-agent signings, zillion-dollar payroll and the Yankees get swept by the Astros to start the season. But Derek Jeter did get some cool cowboy boots as a retirement gift.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Why did the Mariners’ season go terribly wrong?