Roenis Elias pitched five hitless innings as the Tacoma Rainiers beat the New Orleans Zephyrs 4-2 in a Pacific Coast League game Wednesday night.
Elias struck out six and walked only one in his no-hit performance at Zephyr Field. He is scheduled to rejoin the Mariners for their series in Philadelphia and pitch Monday. He should be able to finish the season with Seattle.
New Orleans (61-64) only managed two hits in the game, while Tacoma (64-61) collected 12, including two from first baseman Justin Smoak. Smoak is batting .299 for the Rainiers.
Left fielder Ji-Man Choi was 3 for 4 with a run scored.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Seahawks’ selection of Germain Ifedi in NFL draft has makings of a great fit
Most Read Stories
Canadians 7, AquaSox 6 (14 inn.)
At Vancouver, in a Northwest League game, the Canadians (34-24) rallied for three runs in the ninth inning to force extra frames and then beat Everett (20-38) on a bases-loaded wild pitch with two outs in the 14th.
From staff and web reports