Roenis Elias pitched five hitless innings as the Tacoma Rainiers beat the New Orleans Zephyrs 4-2 in a Pacific Coast League game Wednesday night.
Elias struck out six and walked only one in his no-hit performance at Zephyr Field. He is scheduled to rejoin the Mariners for their series in Philadelphia and pitch Monday. He should be able to finish the season with Seattle.
New Orleans (61-64) only managed two hits in the game, while Tacoma (64-61) collected 12, including two from first baseman Justin Smoak. Smoak is batting .299 for the Rainiers.
Left fielder Ji-Man Choi was 3 for 4 with a run scored.
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
- Ivar’s looks to sell, lease back two venerable restaurant sites
Most Read Stories
Canadians 7, AquaSox 6 (14 inn.)
At Vancouver, in a Northwest League game, the Canadians (34-24) rallied for three runs in the ninth inning to force extra frames and then beat Everett (20-38) on a bases-loaded wild pitch with two outs in the 14th.
From staff and web reports