WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The Sacramento River Cats scored seven runs in the first inning and went on to beat the Tacoma Rainiers 11-5 Friday night in Pacific Coast League action.
Tacoma starter Andrew Carraway (2-2) failed to get an out, giving up four hits, a walk and five runs.
Xavier Avery and Jesus Sucre each had two hits for the Rainiers (18-20), who scored four runs in the second inning. Abraham Almonte, Avery, Endy Chavez and Leury Bonilla each drove in a run.
Alden Carrithers had three hits for the River Cats (23-18).
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
Most Read Stories
From Internet reports