WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The Sacramento River Cats scored seven runs in the first inning and went on to beat the Tacoma Rainiers 11-5 Friday night in Pacific Coast League action.
Tacoma starter Andrew Carraway (2-2) failed to get an out, giving up four hits, a walk and five runs.
Xavier Avery and Jesus Sucre each had two hits for the Rainiers (18-20), who scored four runs in the second inning. Abraham Almonte, Avery, Endy Chavez and Leury Bonilla each drove in a run.
Alden Carrithers had three hits for the River Cats (23-18).
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
Most Read Stories
From Internet reports