WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The Sacramento River Cats scored seven runs in the first inning and went on to beat the Tacoma Rainiers 11-5 Friday night in Pacific Coast League action.
Tacoma starter Andrew Carraway (2-2) failed to get an out, giving up four hits, a walk and five runs.
Xavier Avery and Jesus Sucre each had two hits for the Rainiers (18-20), who scored four runs in the second inning. Abraham Almonte, Avery, Endy Chavez and Leury Bonilla each drove in a run.
Alden Carrithers had three hits for the River Cats (23-18).
- 2 killed, thousands lose power in Seattle-area windstorm
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
- Now comes the hard part for the Mariners: Hiring Jack Zduriencik’s replacement
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
Most Read Stories
From Internet reports