WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The Sacramento River Cats scored seven runs in the first inning and went on to beat the Tacoma Rainiers 11-5 Friday night in Pacific Coast League action.
Tacoma starter Andrew Carraway (2-2) failed to get an out, giving up four hits, a walk and five runs.
Xavier Avery and Jesus Sucre each had two hits for the Rainiers (18-20), who scored four runs in the second inning. Abraham Almonte, Avery, Endy Chavez and Leury Bonilla each drove in a run.
Alden Carrithers had three hits for the River Cats (23-18).
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Seattle’s brash king of pot raking in cash and raising hackles at Uncle Ike’s
- Seahawks star Marshawn Lynch's tweet during Super Bowl appears to announce retirement
Most Read Stories
From Internet reports