WEST SACRAMENTO, Calif. — The Sacramento River Cats scored seven runs in the first inning and went on to beat the Tacoma Rainiers 11-5 Friday night in Pacific Coast League action.
Tacoma starter Andrew Carraway (2-2) failed to get an out, giving up four hits, a walk and five runs.
Xavier Avery and Jesus Sucre each had two hits for the Rainiers (18-20), who scored four runs in the second inning. Abraham Almonte, Avery, Endy Chavez and Leury Bonilla each drove in a run.
Alden Carrithers had three hits for the River Cats (23-18).
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- Home prices charge ahead, driving some buyers farther afield
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Here are Seattle-area companies employees enjoy working at most
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
Most Read Stories
From Internet reports