Pitcher Danny Hultzen is one of the top prospects in the Mariners organization. The Mariners selected Hultzen with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2011 draft out of the University of Virginia.
Hultzen split the 2012 season between Class AA Jackson and Class AAA Tacoma, with a combined 9-7 record and 3.05 ERA, and was selected to the MLB All-Star Futures Game.
The 6-foot-3, 200-pound lefty started the 2013 season in Tacoma and has a 2-1 record with a 2.70 ERA.
Hultzen talked about his career in baseball, working his way to the majors and much more in a live chat April 17 on seattletimes.com.
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier