The Tacoma Rainiers’ game Saturday night at Las Vegas was suspended in the eighth inning by high winds.
The teams were tied 5-5 with two outs in the top of the eighth inning when strong winds kicked up dust and debris and the game was halted.
The game will resume at 12:05 p.m. Sunday and will be followed by the regularly scheduled game.
Tacoma’s Nick Franklin was 3 for 3 and hit a three-run homer in the first. He drove in four runs.
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier
- Six sickened by E. coli linked to local food truck
- Huskies’ colors for opener are purple, green
Most Read Stories
Chris Taylor tripled and doubled and scored two runs.