The Tacoma Rainiers’ game Saturday night at Las Vegas was suspended in the eighth inning by high winds.
The teams were tied 5-5 with two outs in the top of the eighth inning when strong winds kicked up dust and debris and the game was halted.
The game will resume at 12:05 p.m. Sunday and will be followed by the regularly scheduled game.
Tacoma’s Nick Franklin was 3 for 3 and hit a three-run homer in the first. He drove in four runs.
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
- Opening day roster looks pretty clear after Sunday cuts
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
- 3 places off the beaten track in Hawaii
Most Read Stories
Chris Taylor tripled and doubled and scored two runs.