The Tacoma Rainiers’ game Saturday night at Las Vegas was suspended in the eighth inning by high winds.
The teams were tied 5-5 with two outs in the top of the eighth inning when strong winds kicked up dust and debris and the game was halted.
The game will resume at 12:05 p.m. Sunday and will be followed by the regularly scheduled game.
Tacoma’s Nick Franklin was 3 for 3 and hit a three-run homer in the first. He drove in four runs.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Kirkland hunter defends acquaintance who killed treasured lion Cecil
Most Read Stories
Chris Taylor tripled and doubled and scored two runs.