TACOMA — Shortstop Ketel Marte and second baseman Gabriel Noriega each had home runs to lead the Tacoma Rainiers to a 7-3 victory over the Omaha Storm Chasers on Thursday in a Northwest League game.
The Rainiers racked up 14 hits and gave themselves a good cushion with three runs in the eighth inning.
Erasmo Ramirez (5-5) got the victory, allowing two earned runs in eight innings on five hits, with no walks and six strikeouts.
Everett loses 8-4
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Death of Evergreen player, other injuries renew football-safety debate
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
Most Read Stories
The AquaSox lost at home to Eugene in a Northwest League game.
Everett had just three hits before scoring three runs on three hits in the ninth.