TACOMA — Shortstop Ketel Marte and second baseman Gabriel Noriega each had home runs to lead the Tacoma Rainiers to a 7-3 victory over the Omaha Storm Chasers on Thursday in a Northwest League game.
The Rainiers racked up 14 hits and gave themselves a good cushion with three runs in the eighth inning.
Erasmo Ramirez (5-5) got the victory, allowing two earned runs in eight innings on five hits, with no walks and six strikeouts.
Everett loses 8-4
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- 32 families face eviction with sale of Kirkland mobile-home park
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
Most Read Stories
The AquaSox lost at home to Eugene in a Northwest League game.
Everett had just three hits before scoring three runs on three hits in the ninth.