TACOMA — Shortstop Ketel Marte and second baseman Gabriel Noriega each had home runs to lead the Tacoma Rainiers to a 7-3 victory over the Omaha Storm Chasers on Thursday in a Northwest League game.
The Rainiers racked up 14 hits and gave themselves a good cushion with three runs in the eighth inning.
Erasmo Ramirez (5-5) got the victory, allowing two earned runs in eight innings on five hits, with no walks and six strikeouts.
Everett loses 8-4
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Silence deafening as Russell Wilson deadline for extension nears
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
Most Read Stories
The AquaSox lost at home to Eugene in a Northwest League game.
Everett had just three hits before scoring three runs on three hits in the ninth.