TACOMA — Shortstop Ketel Marte and second baseman Gabriel Noriega each had home runs to lead the Tacoma Rainiers to a 7-3 victory over the Omaha Storm Chasers on Thursday in a Northwest League game.
The Rainiers racked up 14 hits and gave themselves a good cushion with three runs in the eighth inning.
Erasmo Ramirez (5-5) got the victory, allowing two earned runs in eight innings on five hits, with no walks and six strikeouts.
Everett loses 8-4
- Amazon.com just tip of Seattle boom
- Michael Bennett not expected to attend as Seahawks begin voluntary workouts
- Boeing retools Renton plant for 737's big ramp-up
- Auburn woman sentenced to life for torturing family
- Average price of legal pot drops to about $12 a gram
Most Read Stories
The AquaSox lost at home to Eugene in a Northwest League game.
Everett had just three hits before scoring three runs on three hits in the ninth.