TACOMA — Stefen Romero and Ketel Marte each had three hits as the Tacoma Rainiers defeated the Iowa Cubs 5-3 in a Pacific Coast League game Tuesday night at Cheney Stadium.
Romero, James Jones, Justin Smoak and John Hicks each drove in a run for the Rainiers (72-66). Jones, Hicks and Nate Tenbrink had two hits apiece.
Andrew Carraway (8-5) pitched five solid innings for Tacoma. He allowed three hits and one run. Carson Smith pitched a perfect ninth for his 10th save.
Everett 4, at Boise 2
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
Most Read Stories
The AquaSox (14-18) rallied for three runs in the ninth inning. Chris Mariscal, Adam Martin and Corey Simpson each singled to load the bases. Mariscal scored the tying run when Sheehan Planas-Arteaga walked. Andy Peterson followed with a bunt single to score Martin with the go-ahead run. Phillips Castillo hit a sacrifice fly to secure another run. Trey Cochran-Gill pitched a scoreless ninth inning for his third save.
From Internet reports