TACOMA — Ty Kelly hit a three-run homer as the Tacoma Rainiers beat the Albuquerque Isotopes 5-3 in the first game of a Pacific Coast League doubleheader Friday night at Cheney Stadium.
Jabari Blash hit a two-run homer in the second game as the Rainiers won 4-2.
Nick Franklin had two hits and scored two runs for Tacoma (25-35) in the first game. Gabriel Noriega and Blash each drove in a run during the fourth inning.
Tacoma starter Andrew Carraway went four innings, allowing three runs on six hits. In the second game, Tacoma starter Chance Ruffin pitched four solid innings, allowing one run on six hits.
- Amid drought, Rattlesnake Lake reveals its roots
- Probe of 777 engine’s explosive failure pinpoints its origin
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- Seattle-area teen loved football, says grieving father
- SEC adds millions to developer’s alleged fraud in Seattle