TACOMA — Ty Kelly hit a three-run homer as the Tacoma Rainiers beat the Albuquerque Isotopes 5-3 in the first game of a Pacific Coast League doubleheader Friday night at Cheney Stadium.
Jabari Blash hit a two-run homer in the second game as the Rainiers won 4-2.
Nick Franklin had two hits and scored two runs for Tacoma (25-35) in the first game. Gabriel Noriega and Blash each drove in a run during the fourth inning.
Tacoma starter Andrew Carraway went four innings, allowing three runs on six hits. In the second game, Tacoma starter Chance Ruffin pitched four solid innings, allowing one run on six hits.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- Breaking down the Seahawks' reported undrafted free agents