TACOMA — Ty Kelly hit a three-run homer as the Tacoma Rainiers beat the Albuquerque Isotopes 5-3 in the first game of a Pacific Coast League doubleheader Friday night at Cheney Stadium.
Jabari Blash hit a two-run homer in the second game as the Rainiers won 4-2.
Nick Franklin had two hits and scored two runs for Tacoma (25-35) in the first game. Gabriel Noriega and Blash each drove in a run during the fourth inning.
Tacoma starter Andrew Carraway went four innings, allowing three runs on six hits. In the second game, Tacoma starter Chance Ruffin pitched four solid innings, allowing one run on six hits.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Paul Allen ends KEXP’s yearslong fundraising drive with $500,000 donation
- A six-pack of observations from Seahawks' OTAs: Justin Britt, Alex Collins, Tharold Simon and more