TACOMA — Ty Kelly hit a three-run homer as the Tacoma Rainiers beat the Albuquerque Isotopes 5-3 in the first game of a Pacific Coast League doubleheader Friday night at Cheney Stadium.
Jabari Blash hit a two-run homer in the second game as the Rainiers won 4-2.
Nick Franklin had two hits and scored two runs for Tacoma (25-35) in the first game. Gabriel Noriega and Blash each drove in a run during the fourth inning.
Tacoma starter Andrew Carraway went four innings, allowing three runs on six hits. In the second game, Tacoma starter Chance Ruffin pitched four solid innings, allowing one run on six hits.
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
- Kyle Seager saves Mariners, 7-6, in 10 innings