For the second consecutive day, the Tacoma Rainiers and the Omaha Storm Chaser split a doubleheader.
PAPILLION, Neb. — Mike Zunino scored the decisive run on a wild pitch in the sixth inning as the Tacoma Rainiers beat the Omaha Storm Chasers 1-0 in the first game of a doubleheader Thursday.
Zunino scored after he reached base on a walk, advanced to second on a single by Seth Mejias-Brean and then went to third on an out.
Emilio Pagan (1-0) got the win with two innings of scoreless, two-hit relief.
In the second game, Christian Binford and Malcom Culver combined for a shutout as Omaha topped Tacoma 5-0.
Most Read Stories
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Put down that cellphone; distracted-driving law is here
- Why watermelon is good for you
- Why Republicans can’t govern | David Brooks / Syndicated columnist
- Passage of paid-family-leave act shows power of working together | Op-Ed
Binford (3-0) went six scoreless innings, allowing four hits while striking out five and walking three to get the win. Loser Paul Paez (0-1) went four innings, allowing two runs and two hits.