For the second consecutive day, the Tacoma Rainiers and the Omaha Storm Chaser split a doubleheader.
PAPILLION, Neb. — Mike Zunino scored the decisive run on a wild pitch in the sixth inning as the Tacoma Rainiers beat the Omaha Storm Chasers 1-0 in the first game of a doubleheader Thursday.
Zunino scored after he reached base on a walk, advanced to second on a single by Seth Mejias-Brean and then went to third on an out.
Emilio Pagan (1-0) got the win with two innings of scoreless, two-hit relief.
In the second game, Christian Binford and Malcom Culver combined for a shutout as Omaha topped Tacoma 5-0.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- Win over 49ers can't mask the fact that these Seahawks are in big trouble | Matt Calkins
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- Seattle City Council picks Tim Burgess to replace Bruce Harrell as temporary mayor VIEW
Binford (3-0) went six scoreless innings, allowing four hits while striking out five and walking three to get the win. Loser Paul Paez (0-1) went four innings, allowing two runs and two hits.