Jace Peterson hit a three-run homer as the El Paso Chihuahuas earned an 8-2 victory over Tacoma for a doubleheader split Saturday night.
In the opener, Gabriel Noriega hit a sacrifice fly to score Jesus Montero as Tacoma rallied for a 4-3 victory.
The Rainiers tied the score in the sixth on Xavier Avery’s RBI single. Hector Ambriz replaced Bobby LaFromboise, but Noriega hit a sac fly to left, scoring Montero.
Noriega also hit a two-run homer in the second inning.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
- Now comes the hard part for the Mariners: Hiring Jack Zduriencik’s replacement
- Mariners demote struggling catcher Mike Zunino
- Why Russell Wilson needs to water down his Recovery claims
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected