Jace Peterson hit a three-run homer as the El Paso Chihuahuas earned an 8-2 victory over Tacoma for a doubleheader split Saturday night.
In the opener, Gabriel Noriega hit a sacrifice fly to score Jesus Montero as Tacoma rallied for a 4-3 victory.
The Rainiers tied the score in the sixth on Xavier Avery’s RBI single. Hector Ambriz replaced Bobby LaFromboise, but Noriega hit a sac fly to left, scoring Montero.
Noriega also hit a two-run homer in the second inning.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Mariners’ triple play hadn’t been seen since 1955
- True-crime author Ann Rule dies at age 83
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- 5 things you should know about Microsoft’s Windows 10