Jace Peterson hit a three-run homer as the El Paso Chihuahuas earned an 8-2 victory over Tacoma for a doubleheader split Saturday night.
In the opener, Gabriel Noriega hit a sacrifice fly to score Jesus Montero as Tacoma rallied for a 4-3 victory.
The Rainiers tied the score in the sixth on Xavier Avery’s RBI single. Hector Ambriz replaced Bobby LaFromboise, but Noriega hit a sac fly to left, scoring Montero.
Noriega also hit a two-run homer in the second inning.
- Hawks didn't interview witnesses to ugly hotel incident involving draft pick
- Hawks didn't interview witnesses to ugly hotel incident involving draft pick Frank Clark
- The remarkable redemption of M's prospect Jesus Montero continues in Tacoma
- Woman seeking man she kissed at marathon hears from his wife
- Prosecutor: Seahawks' draft pick is not a batterer