TACOMA — Ty Kelly hit a two-run homer and Erasmo Ramirez pitched six solid innings as the Tacoma Rainiers defeated the Salt Lake Bees 5-2 Thursday night in a Pacific Coast League game at Cheney Stadium.
Leury Bonilla also homered for Tacoma (22-30) and scored three runs. Humberto Quintero and Endy Chavez each had two hits and one run batted in for the Rainiers.
Ramirez (1-3) allowed two runs and five hits in six innings. Carson Smith pitched a perfect ninth for his third save.
Tacoma and Salt Lake play again Friday night at 7:05 at Cheney Stadium.
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- Seattle’s Super Bowl: Not football, but pho
- Teens charged in Jungle shooting grew up amid tumult, drug deals
- Mom’s drug deal brought sons to Jungle, police say
- Shaq Thompson happy to be at Super Bowl, sorry to Seahawks fans
Most Read Stories
From Internet reports