TACOMA — Ty Kelly hit a two-run homer and Erasmo Ramirez pitched six solid innings as the Tacoma Rainiers defeated the Salt Lake Bees 5-2 Thursday night in a Pacific Coast League game at Cheney Stadium.
Leury Bonilla also homered for Tacoma (22-30) and scored three runs. Humberto Quintero and Endy Chavez each had two hits and one run batted in for the Rainiers.
Ramirez (1-3) allowed two runs and five hits in six innings. Carson Smith pitched a perfect ninth for his third save.
Tacoma and Salt Lake play again Friday night at 7:05 at Cheney Stadium.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Five veteran Seahawks whose roles could be most impacted by additions from the NFL draft
Most Read Stories
From Internet reports