TACOMA — Ty Kelly hit a two-run homer and Erasmo Ramirez pitched six solid innings as the Tacoma Rainiers defeated the Salt Lake Bees 5-2 Thursday night in a Pacific Coast League game at Cheney Stadium.
Leury Bonilla also homered for Tacoma (22-30) and scored three runs. Humberto Quintero and Endy Chavez each had two hits and one run batted in for the Rainiers.
Ramirez (1-3) allowed two runs and five hits in six innings. Carson Smith pitched a perfect ninth for his third save.
Tacoma and Salt Lake play again Friday night at 7:05 at Cheney Stadium.
- 2 killed, half-million lose power in Seattle-area windstorm
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Jack Zduriencik’s M’s legacy: More than 3 dozen departed managers, coaches, scouts, staffers
- Wet weekend ahead, with high winds and heavy rain expected
- Suspect in attack on tourists arrested in downtown Seattle
Most Read Stories
From Internet reports