TACOMA — Ty Kelly hit a two-run homer and Erasmo Ramirez pitched six solid innings as the Tacoma Rainiers defeated the Salt Lake Bees 5-2 Thursday night in a Pacific Coast League game at Cheney Stadium.
Leury Bonilla also homered for Tacoma (22-30) and scored three runs. Humberto Quintero and Endy Chavez each had two hits and one run batted in for the Rainiers.
Ramirez (1-3) allowed two runs and five hits in six innings. Carson Smith pitched a perfect ninth for his third save.
Tacoma and Salt Lake play again Friday night at 7:05 at Cheney Stadium.
- Unusual motel sting casts wide net on illicit activity
- Amanda Knox murder conviction overturned by Italy high court
- Priced out? Growing numbers appear to be fleeing King County
- 5 Seahawks takeaways from the NFL League Meetings
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
Most Read Stories
From Internet reports