TACOMA — Ty Kelly hit a two-run homer and Erasmo Ramirez pitched six solid innings as the Tacoma Rainiers defeated the Salt Lake Bees 5-2 Thursday night in a Pacific Coast League game at Cheney Stadium.
Leury Bonilla also homered for Tacoma (22-30) and scored three runs. Humberto Quintero and Endy Chavez each had two hits and one run batted in for the Rainiers.
Ramirez (1-3) allowed two runs and five hits in six innings. Carson Smith pitched a perfect ninth for his third save.
Tacoma and Salt Lake play again Friday night at 7:05 at Cheney Stadium.
- Amazon.com just tip of Seattle boom
- Boeing retools Renton plant for 737's big ramp-up
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Nelson Cruz drives in five, including winning run
- Aaron Hernandez: A $40 million murderer
Most Read Stories
From Internet reports