Nick Franklin and Eric Thames hit run-scoring singles to back right-hander Brian Sweeney's five strong innings as Tacoma beat Salt Lake.
SALT LAKE CITY — Nick Franklin and Eric Thames hit run-scoring singles to back right-hander Brian Sweeney’s five strong innings as the Tacoma Rainiers beat the Salt Lake Bees 2-1 in a Pacific Coast League game on Tuesday.
The Rainiers trailed 1-0 before Franklin’s two-out single in the third. Thames broke the tie with his RBI single in the fourth.
Thames, hitting .342, has hit safely in 18 of 20 games and is the only PCL player who plays regularly who has reached base in every game this season.
Sweeney (2-0) allowed a run on five hits while striking out six with no walks. Lucas Luetge and Logan Bawcom each pitched two scoreless innings of relief for the Rainiers (10-10).
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- McMenamins Anderson School grand opening is Thursday
- Seattle council candidate alleges political shakedown by developer