Nick Franklin and Eric Thames hit run-scoring singles to back right-hander Brian Sweeney's five strong innings as Tacoma beat Salt Lake.
SALT LAKE CITY — Nick Franklin and Eric Thames hit run-scoring singles to back right-hander Brian Sweeney’s five strong innings as the Tacoma Rainiers beat the Salt Lake Bees 2-1 in a Pacific Coast League game on Tuesday.
The Rainiers trailed 1-0 before Franklin’s two-out single in the third. Thames broke the tie with his RBI single in the fourth.
Thames, hitting .342, has hit safely in 18 of 20 games and is the only PCL player who plays regularly who has reached base in every game this season.
Sweeney (2-0) allowed a run on five hits while striking out six with no walks. Lucas Luetge and Logan Bawcom each pitched two scoreless innings of relief for the Rainiers (10-10).
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Impressions from Day 2 of Seahawks' training camp
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's