TACOMA – Carlos Peguero went 4 for 4, Nate Tenbrink drove in four runs and Alex Liddi homered and drove in three as Tacoma hammered Fresno 14-4 in a Pacific Coast League game Monday night.
Tenbrink’s three-run double highlighted a five-run third inning that put Tacoma ahead 7-0.
The Rainiers (46-33) collected 15 hits — nine for extra bases — off four Grizzlies pitchers. Liddi hit his 11th home run of the season, a two-run shot, and Peguero and shortstop Brad Miller each had a pair of doubles for Tacoma.
Miller, batting.354 since being promoted from Class AA Jackson, extended his hitting streak to 20 games.
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
Most Read Stories
Rainiers right-hander Brandon Mauer (2-1) was the beneficiary of all the run support. He pitched 52
3 innings, allowing five hits and four earned runs while walking two and striking out nine. Maurer, who began the season with the Mariners, has an earned-run average of 3.33 with Tacoma.
Hector Noesi and Lucas Luetge combined to hold Fresno scoreless over the final 31
3 innings in front of 3,005 at Cheney Stadium.