Tacoma sent 11 batters to the plate in the ninth and got two hits in the inning from Nick Franklin in a comeback win.
LAS VEGAS — Nick Franklin singled twice during a seven-run Tacoma ninth inning as the Rainiers rallied to beat Las Vegas 13-12 in the Pacific Coast League Thursday night.
The Rainiers trailed 10-6 going to the ninth, when they sent 11 batters to the plate and took a 13-10 lead. They took advantage of wildness by Las Vegas reliever Greg Peavey, who walked three consecutive batters with the bases loaded.
Denny Almonte’s one-out RBI single tied the score, and Stefan Romero scored the go-ahead run on a wild pitch.
In the bottom of the ninth, the 51s scored twice before Logan Bawcom got the final out to finish it.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
Most Read Stories
Franklin went 5 for 5 with a pair of doubles, lifting his average to .500. Alex Liddi went 3 for 5 and Carlos Triunfel and Romero hit solo homers for Tacoma (11-10).