Tacoma sent 11 batters to the plate in the ninth and got two hits in the inning from Nick Franklin in a comeback win.
LAS VEGAS — Nick Franklin singled twice during a seven-run Tacoma ninth inning as the Rainiers rallied to beat Las Vegas 13-12 in the Pacific Coast League Thursday night.
The Rainiers trailed 10-6 going to the ninth, when they sent 11 batters to the plate and took a 13-10 lead. They took advantage of wildness by Las Vegas reliever Greg Peavey, who walked three consecutive batters with the bases loaded.
Denny Almonte’s one-out RBI single tied the score, and Stefan Romero scored the go-ahead run on a wild pitch.
In the bottom of the ninth, the 51s scored twice before Logan Bawcom got the final out to finish it.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- Mexican agents hunting fugitives in Arlington slayings: ‘It’s only going to be a few days’
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
Most Read Stories
Franklin went 5 for 5 with a pair of doubles, lifting his average to .500. Alex Liddi went 3 for 5 and Carlos Triunfel and Romero hit solo homers for Tacoma (11-10).