RENO, Nev. — First baseman Jesus Montero’s fielding error in the bottom of the ninth inning allowed the winning run to score as Reno beat Tacoma 7-6 in the Pacific Coast League on Monday.
The Rainiers (60-50) had rallied to tie it with a pair of runs in the top of the ninth.
Franklin Gutierrez, completing a rehab assignment with Tacoma and expected to come off the Mariners’ disabled list soon, was 2 for 5 with a double. He’s hitting .225 for the Rainiers.
AquaSox 6, Hops 0
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
Most Read Stories
HILLSBORO, Ore. — Jake Zokan allowed two hits in seven scoreless innings, Austin Wilson doubled twice and drove in three runs and Chantz Mack went 3 for 4 for the AquaSox (27-18) in a Northwest League victory.
Compiled from web reports