RENO, Nev. — First baseman Jesus Montero’s fielding error in the bottom of the ninth inning allowed the winning run to score as Reno beat Tacoma 7-6 in the Pacific Coast League on Monday.
The Rainiers (60-50) had rallied to tie it with a pair of runs in the top of the ninth.
Franklin Gutierrez, completing a rehab assignment with Tacoma and expected to come off the Mariners’ disabled list soon, was 2 for 5 with a double. He’s hitting .225 for the Rainiers.
AquaSox 6, Hops 0
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
Most Read Stories
HILLSBORO, Ore. — Jake Zokan allowed two hits in seven scoreless innings, Austin Wilson doubled twice and drove in three runs and Chantz Mack went 3 for 4 for the AquaSox (27-18) in a Northwest League victory.
Compiled from web reports