RENO, Nev. — First baseman Jesus Montero’s fielding error in the bottom of the ninth inning allowed the winning run to score as Reno beat Tacoma 7-6 in the Pacific Coast League on Monday.
The Rainiers (60-50) had rallied to tie it with a pair of runs in the top of the ninth.
Franklin Gutierrez, completing a rehab assignment with Tacoma and expected to come off the Mariners’ disabled list soon, was 2 for 5 with a double. He’s hitting .225 for the Rainiers.
AquaSox 6, Hops 0
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
Most Read Stories
HILLSBORO, Ore. — Jake Zokan allowed two hits in seven scoreless innings, Austin Wilson doubled twice and drove in three runs and Chantz Mack went 3 for 4 for the AquaSox (27-18) in a Northwest League victory.
Compiled from web reports